"People Give To People"
Thank you for your interest and for supporting the Southern Museum of Music.
The Southern Museum of Music will continually seeks materials that will help tell the stories of the southern music heritage, its artist, as well as other significant individuals who have made a direct industry impact. The Museum’s Collection is dependent on donated items. Items also will be accepted on loan for specific exhibit use. The Museum has no plans to purchase artifacts, and cannot give appraisals or estimate the value of donated or loaned memorabilia.
DONATING & LOANING ARTIFACTS:
ITEMS THAT WE ARE PARTICULARLY INTERESTED IN ACQUIRING INCLUDE:
01. Instruments, clothing, artifacts, photographs, and ephemera iwith exceptional importance with music cultural
02. Music, including recording materials, documents, artifacts such as sound recordings
03. Rare performance posters and handbills
04. Performance programs and tickets
05. Some vintage recorded collections that comprehensively represent a southern artist
06. Recordings of “roots music” from any of the featured **genres.
07. Musician created artworks
08. 75 rpm picture sleeves
09. Original sheet music
10. Authenticated writings or signatures
11. Collections of original news and magazine articles featuring southern artists and tours
12. Books authored by or on the behalf of southern music artists
13. Vintage authentic licensed merchandise
14. Southern music related artworks
15. Documention; legal, tours, promtionals, production, schedules, drafts, letters, lable, studio, riders.
Donated or Loaned Artifact Procedures:
Please include a detailed list of item(s) you wish to donate along with photographs, if you have them. If accepted for the museum’s permanent collection, your donation will be cared for according to the best archival standards that the museum can reasonably accommodate. We reserve the right to refuse donations of items that do not relate to our mission or of items that come with stipulations or terms that will interfear with the museums objectives.
**FEATURED GENRES: Native American, Spirituals, Bluegrass, Country, Folk, Gospel, Blues, Jazz, Rhythm & Blues, Southern Rock, Zydeco, Funk, Rock a Billy, Southern Hip-Hop, Carolina Beach, Ragtime, Soul.
Southern Museum of Music Inc.
P.O. Box 3146
Atlanta, GA 30302
or click the button below or option menu on left to make a scure online contribution.